How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Your house can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house recently undergone soot damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (813) 984-2700. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.