Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your house experienced water damage? Call the professionals as soon as possible. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your property to evaluate and repair any water damage. You can take preemptive actions to stop water damage from occurring. All homeowners need to be aware of how to look for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage
Chances are, there’s an appliance in your house that you rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unforeseen problems. Whether it’s your shower, dishwasher, faucets or bathtub, any of these appliances can overflow and cause significant problems. Paul Davis’ professionals can mend any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your house. The Paul Davis professionals can fix water damage from:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, it could have been prevented. There are ways to prevent this. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house experienced water damages, don’t hesitate. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Call Paul Davis at (813) 984-2700. When your local Paul Davis professionals come to your home, you can rest easy knowing your house will be taken care of. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that have occurred in your house.