How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your family and your home.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to push out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’s Services
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our specialists are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at 1611 Allison Woods Lane, Tampa, FL 33619 | (813) 984-2700. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.